United Airlines Staff/Senior Auditor - IT Internal Audit - Chicago, IL (Finance) in Chicago, Illinois
Explore open positions in our Finance department, which manages the company's budgets, forecasts and investments, and provides analysis of our financial performance and strategies.
Senior Auditor - IT Internal Audit - WHQ
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
As a member of the Internal Audit Services, the Senior IT Auditor provides audit project level leadership in performing information technology related assessments and audits within a team environment. You will be joining a dynamic group of professionals with various technology and business backgrounds to provide recommendations to internal controls and operation improvements for the airline. A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate the ability to apply experiences evaluating IT risk and control to general business operational processes as well.
• Plan, develop, and execute an audit program to adequately identify and assess risks. Lead other audit team members in their responsibilities to ensure quality of work and compliance with internal audit standards
• Assist with special projects, contracted services and other agreed upon procedures requested of the Internal Audit department
• Develop and maintain productive client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings
• Prepare and review all audit project written communications such as audit work paper documentation, audit report, and recommendations. Coordinate findings with management of functional areas reviewed
• Follow up, when necessary, on management action plans to validate remediation actions have been implemented and sustained.
• Support strategic initiatives and administrative activities to add value to the productivity and growth of the Internal Audit department
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
• Master's Degree preferred
• Technology or audit related certifications preferred
• Understanding and/or experience of IT infrastructure operations including networking, operating systems, databases, middleware, IT security, and data center operations preferred
• Understanding and/or experience in data analytics and the application of it in business and audit scenarios preferred
• Knowledge in recognized project management framework and/or experience in project management preferred
• Knowledge and skill in applying internal auditing principles and practices
• Knowledge of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors
• At least 3 years of experience in in internal audit / IT audit, technology operations / implementation or consulting required
• Demonstrated risk-based audit experience beyond Sarbanes-Oxley compliance required
• Relevant project/audit experience include but not limited to: data analytics, IT security, corporate/operational audits, vulnerability assessment, regulatory compliance (e.g. PCI, GDPR), data management, cloud computing and project management
• Direct experience in the transportation field preferred
• Domestic and International travel up to 10% required
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
• Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
• Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Division: 40 Finance