United Airlines Manager - IT Applications Development - Scrum Masters in Chicago, Illinois
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions. This role is part of the technology organization that provides solutions to our Global Customer Contact Centers at United..
This role can be in Chicago or Houston
Job overview and responsibilities
The purpose of the Manager – IT Scrum Masters position is to play the role of Agile Coach within one of our current application programs that supports our Reservations function as well as lead a team of full time dedicated Scrum Masters. In this role, you will have overall responsibility for ensuring the team lives agile values, principles and follows the processes defined for the program. You will also have responsibility for the overall execution and delivery of the defined scrum teams.
This position will collaborate extensively with our product owner, scrum teams, business partners and global PMO to plan and execute sprint cycles. The design and build sprints currently underway support the continued creation of our new reservations application that will be used by 5,000 reservations agents.
In this role you will:
• Set the strategy for how Agile practices will be used in the current Reservations Application program
• Function as a coach as needed across teams comprised of United employees, 3rd party suppliers (both on and offshore)
• Model and coach the facilitation of ceremonies
• Collaborate in the dynamic planning process of prioritizing and estimating work to be done
• Be responsible for tool adoption and the creation of sprint performance metrics
• Apply agile knowledge to identify, escalate and remove team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals
• Teaching and coaching application development teams to adopt continuous delivery practices and other agile techniques
• Accountable for administrative management of 4 - 8 IT professionals, either as direct reports or sourced. This includes Performance Management, HR administration, Time Reporting, etc.
• Provide leadership by establishing department and individual’s goals
• Responsible for assessing and recommending improvements to the organization structure, roles and responsibilities
Requires advanced technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes
12 months experience of Agile development and hold relevant certifications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
+3 years of working within a technology project enabling web or mobile applications
+5 years of IT and business/industry work experience
At least 2 - 4 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Airline Experience is a plus
MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or other related field
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled