United Airlines Project Manager - IT in Chicago, Illinois
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
Responsible for managing complex and cross-functional projects in the Work Place Solution space. These projects will enable United to improve the employee experience by providing tools and technology for working on their assignments. This work tends to cross many IT and business lines so requires coordination and influence.
· Status updates: manage communication to all groups including working team, stakeholders, peripheral teams and executive sponsors. Create updates and deliver updates when appropriate
· Project scope: understand the project ask, dive into root cause including processes and potential business improvements and ensure all stages of project are met (requirements, design, funding, build, etc.).
· Financials: put together budget, get approvals from business and IT stakeholders, build business case, submit accurate monthly forecasts, manage the budget.
· Project schedule: develop and maintain project schedule. Own the schedule to make sure all relevant teams stay on track
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
· 2-5 IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
· Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
· Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
· Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
· Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal/external customers, gets customer information and uses it for improvements, acts with the customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
· Partners with the Business - Acts as valued partner to the business, develops relationships with the customer, deals honestly and effectively with business partners, is seen in a positive light by the business/customer.
· Patience - Involves listening and checking before acting. Is tolerant with people and processes, tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting, sensitive to due process and proper approaches.
· Task Management - Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.
· Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
· Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
· Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled