United Airlines Senior Optimization Developer in Chicago, Illinois
The position is member of the product development team responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of applications in Airline Network Planning & Scheduling problems.
The candidate will work closely with business teams, technical teams, and operation research team to gather, analyze, and understand business requirements, build mathematical optimization, statistics, and decision support models in mathematical programming, and statistical tools.
· Collaborate with internal clients to identify, define, and resolve a variety of complex business problems and to support various corporate initiatives
· Develop mathematical programming and statistics models ,
· Build, implement, and test mathematical programming, statistics, and decision support models following software development standards
· Consult with the software development team to derive best solutions for the business
· Skills in commercial software development
· Act as an internal consultant to various managers in modeling of business decisions, action plans, and improved operations
· Communicate and present numerical insides with internal clients and leadership team
· 4+ years of experience on applied operations research including decision analysis, optimization, simulation, and statistics, and stochastic modeling
Strong theoretical background and practical experience in advanced large-scale optimization methods like nonlinear and mixed-integer optimization, e.g. proven through at least 3 years works in this field.
Strong experience of commercial optimization software such as IBM ILOG CPLEX, GUROBI, LINDO, or Xpress
· Architecture, develop, implement, and test experience for software development
· Working in a retail or transportation environment a plus
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or related field, Master*s Degree or PhD preferred
IBM ILOH CPLEX
Unix, UNIX shell scripting
SQL, PL/SQL, Pro*C
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled